Do you feel trapped and find yourself blaming others for the way you feel? life, your partner, your boss, the state of the country, the list goes on. Imagine what you are doing to yourself every day in a constant round of negativity and inaction. How does that impacts on your health and well being? causing things like tension headaches or painful neck. Now imagine what would it be like to wake up feeling lighter, freer, and happier. By looking at your circumstances and making one small change, yes just one, you will begin to feel the benefits. That heaviness begins to slip away, you feel excited about the future, and it only takes one step to begin.
In all honesty, nobody likes feeling cornered so whether its work or relationships, here are 5 things you can do to begin clearing away that mind fog.
- Ask yourself. What is the cost of staying where I am and in 1, 2, or 5 years how will I feel if I do?
- Make a list of things you CAN do to change your situation, even if there is only one thing write that down it’s a start. The idea is to help you change how you see your situation.
- Off your list choose three things that are practical and easily achievable, nothing complicated at this stage.
- Lastly, choose one out of the three things, then make a commitment to follow it through. If you need help to do that get it. I know it feels uncomfortable but not half as uncomfortable as staying where you are.
- You don’t have to be a victim so make the choice not to.